Yesterday my parents came by around 9:30, after getting lost only about 50 ft from my dorm... oh lord. We then took a subway ride to where I will be working. Its not to far really, less then 10mins on the subway and only around the corner from my actual work building. After this we came back and they got the car and hit the road. I was sad for a bit, I may have had a little cry... but i picked myself off dusted myself off and started my adventure.
I took the subway to Columbus circle, walked down central park south to 5th ave and with my mothers permission bought my early birthday present- an ipod touch. :) Pretty sweet in a purple case! Then I took the subway to union sq where i went in the Virgin record store that is closing and also hit up the strand for cheep books! lots of fun. I decided to go back the same way basically but had trouble finding the uptown 1 from union square... and here is where i learned my first lession in NYCology...
I asked the subway lady where it was and pointed i said "are you sure?" and she would havs slaped me if there was not glass between us. She yelled at me and I walked away quiet scared... so Lession #1: Dont doubt the subway people, they know there shit.
No comments:
Post a Comment