I had a good weekend with my Jessica. EVEN if she brought some kind of plague to me... She arrived friday night. We spent an hour chatting and then decided (even though it was about midnight) to go out! It was a good thing we did too, because we happened upon a bar where it was ladies night! That means half priced drinks for the women, so we spent only 15 dollars cumulatively on drinks and we both got well lets just say 'sloshed'. It was great fun to finally have gone out to a bar in NYC! Even if it was just a sports bar like place. On the walk back we looked and looked for a chinese food resturant we saw on the walk there but for the life of us could not find it! So we gave up and got pizza instead! :) Oh well, it was pretty great!
Satuday, we went shopping first on canal st, then Soho area. We found a few real cool stores- one called Pearl River market where we got cheep ass asian stuff. Good fun! Then off to a museum because we could get in for free as it is only a sugested donation! I showed her the big ass blue whale I love, and we layed under it talking for a bit just enjoying being together in a big city. For the evening we hung loose for a bit, and then decided to go to a comedy show! The place was called 'Upright Citizens Birgade' and was pretty casual and hip. I think we both enjoyed it greatly! It was themed around a high school talent show.
Sunday, we went straight off the bat to the zoo at central park! It was smaller then a lot of other zoos I have been to but well worth the 10 dollars! It was really cute and park like, it made me feel like the animals were happy there. I loved the penguins and the sea lions! SOOO cute!!! Then we wandered the park, stumbling upon a summer free concert! (did i mention there is ALWAYS something going on in NYC?) Some woman from Brazil was singing and we stayed around to hear someone from France too. We were pretty well pooped after that so we went home and rested up. For a late dinner we ate at the epic ass 'Spoon Bread 2" a soul food place in Harlem! It was really good but gave us the itus. So one drink at our 'fav' bar, and then home for a earler night then most. We got to talk to ev together and it was great fun to feel like ORERO was back in business! I miss oreo :(
Even monday was grand because jess came to where i work for lunch and we had Dominican food, she loved it! I liked it too but Jess is the one who really is crazy intense about food so her thumbs up is a bigger deal then mine! Her buss left at 5ish on monday, and I was left with a perfectly made bed to miss her in. :(
And of course the weekend story would not be completed with out mentioning that tuesday was my birthday, and I woke up with a full case of whatever the hell Jess had! I am still sickly, I just hope it getts better soon... I hate being sick and its hard enough to live in NYC with out being ill.
love to all.
3 comments:
Ugh, sorry you got sick! I hope you are better by now. Sounds like a fun weekend though:)
i just read someplace (maybe from Grandpa Dave??) that you just had a birthday. hope it was a happy one.
sending you all best wishes. love you!
Happy (belated) Birthday!!
Hope you are feeling better by now!!
I'm with Chris, it does sound like a fun weekend!!
Post a Comment