This weekend was great! Jen C came to visit me and I am so glad she did. I really need good friends like her around as much as can be managed. They keep my head happy as compared to the darkness I easily slip into when I am alone. We really did have a blast.
Day 1:
I met Jen at Penn station early friday morning. We then came back to my place to drop off her stuff. We organized and set off for our first day even though it was raining ALL DAY LONG we still managed to have fun! We went to Rockefeller center because she has never been. Then down a few streets and in a few stores on the way to the MOMA. Thats where we spent most of our time. It was pretty great. Only 12 dollars for students so not awful, and its the first museum I paid for so not bad. Then we went home to rest up a bit before figuring out that the NYC Ballet is also only 12 dollars for students! So we quick got ready and ran out to see that epicness! It was really amazing, I loved it and I hope to go back this summer. Then we pass out after watching half a movie.
Day 2:
Saturady we started off at Canal st. It was pretty cool there, its in china town and on this street they sell everything and anything they can get there hands on. Designer purses, belts, jewrley, and YES turtles. Both me and Jen ended up falling in love with a purse, and so we got them. I think mine will be very usefull and its a hell of a lot cheeper on canal st then anywhere else in the world. (gotta love bootleg stuff) Avoiding the impulse to buy a turtle, we made our way down to south steat sea port where we looked at shops and saw really great views of the brooklyn bridge. And then lastly for the afternoon we took the Statin Island Ferry and got a great water view of the statue of liberty as well as NYC itself. It was pretty great but we were exausted so for the evening we just hit up a movie down in harlum. (yea a little freaked out about the area but it really was not bad at all, i have to chill out about it) Angels and Deamonds was scary but totaly amazing!
I had a lot of fun and I cant wait for my baby sas (jess e) to come visit me in two weekends so I can do more amazing stuff with a great friend, but untill then I will work on being alone, and getting though WORK... O_O Scary!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment