Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MY ROOMATES ARE SCARY (not really but kinda)

SO roomate update. I live in a townhome/apartment for 6 people. Right now two of us are not here yet. So I have only met 3 girls- Amelia, Rachel, and Hannah. They are very different from me. I am trying so hard to be as open as I can to them, but its hard. The first day they seemed more 'normal' and by normal I mean normal to me- from my perspective and my old friends. But today all they seem to want to talk about is sex (and sex with lots of different guys) loosing weight (they are all skinny and beautiful) and makeup. Two of them work for Mark or Avon, a makeup company. They all talk very fast and its really intimidating. I am not pretty, I am not cute, I am not skinny, I dont have sex with lots of guys, and I dont wear much makeup... so what the hell do we talk about?

So far I have mostly just listened to them talk about shit... I dont much feel like openeing myself up to them because they just really frighten me. They are intense and self confident and very UN-ME.

Dont respond with a lecture on how it might be good for me or something, OK I KNOW. I will try my hardest to get along but its not easy, and it does not make me feel good often. I just sit there listening as they blab on about sex and makeup... i feel more self concous... :(

I really miss my friends from home and school. They looked like me- not perfect little skinny girls. Real women. I miss my baby sas, my steemroller, straight up bff, my gay love, my floppy haired boyfriend, my asian crazy time girl, my 'mommy', and so many more who are just so perfect for me. I how perfect we fit together as one big disaster of a group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!! <333

I was like that with Alicia for a little while, and things turned out well for us[you just have to smile and nod sometimes lol]. It's probably a little overwhelming with three of them though. =X I'm crossing my fingers for the other two to be a bit nerdy for you.

Also, even if you get stuck with 5 vain bitches, doesn't mean there aren't some cool people in the area. Maybe when you have your meeting you'll meet some more "normal" people. You should make some cookies and knock on some doors. Good luck chica <3

PS: Psssh You're beautiful. Don't feel self conscious, because I'd much rather be like you than be like them!!