Today is my first day all alone here, so naturally i woke up in a big old funk. My head hurt, my body hurt, I thought I was getting a cold. So i wasted some time staying home later then I would have till about 11am when I finally said I better get my ass moving someplace because this is NYC and it don't wait for nobody!
So I fallowed one of my NYC adventure cards to Zabar's deli and grocery. It was pretty cool- I would have loved it more if I could have spent money! But sadly I was stuck just looking at amazing cheeses and breads and foreign imports. I did have to get a kitchen knife thought and found a few for cheep. The I just stopped in for a bit at barns and nobles which i thought would be borring BUT I found out they sell the Little Miss books there! I was so excited, those are my childhood. (incase you dont know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Men)
Then I headed down 3 blocks to central park where I walked and sat around for hours. It was relaxing and beautiful- but hard to keep my mind from thinking. I start to wonder do I really want to live in NYC if I dont live with someone who I can share all this great stuff with? It makes me sad not to have anyone to talk to when I see cool things... I guess central park really made me realize that.
After central park I hit up The museum of Natrual History were I saw all kinds of epicness. A huge T-rex skeleton, a life size modle of a blue whail, and I learned about "Aferican Peoples" and "Asian Peoples". lol It was kinda cool to wander at exactly my own pace and see exactly what I wanted to see. But I also did miss having a companion. Maybe I will get used to it? I dont know.
And now it comes time for todays lession... (seems like it always happens when I decide to go home!) I took the C train home which drops you only 3 blocks from my dorm but on the other side of a park. I figured it would be easy to cross the park.............. WELL NO! There were about 200 steps going up a giantic hill... infact I would not lable that park a PARK- it is more like just a CLIF. UGH I was all covered in sweat and grossness when I got to the top... So Lession #2: Dont get off the C at 116th if going home!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're having fun adventures and learning new things about NYC[even if it means being sweaty and glared at by subway workers :P].
LOVE YOU STEF!
Post a Comment