Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Do you ever find a song that completes you at that exact moment and that exact time?

I was waiting for the train today to go home. The insanity was surrounding me. People everywhere, strangers of all shapes and sizes, all problems gloomy and heavy. Looming over them much like my own problems loom over me. My existence hanging on the speedy arrival of the train. Time ticked slowly. My heart ached so bad but it kept pounding steady. Lean over to see approaching head lights from the distance. Its the train and its loud like it always is. I stare straight ahead as it zooms to the platform. I see myself in the window reflected back at me, I look tired, I look old, I look lost. The train stops. I enter and squeeze between two passenger. They hate me for doing it but my feet hurt to badly. And then it comes on my ipod. He gave me the song last summer. The notes filled me up as I sat rocking with the train. I felt whole again for those moments as I listened to the words and the notes.

Well it's been a long time, long time now
since I've seen you smile.
And I'll gamble away my fright.
And I'll gamble away my time.
And in a year, a year or so
this will slip into the sea
Well, it's been a long time, long time now
since I've seen you smile

Nobody raise your voices
Just another night in Nantes
Nobody raise your voices
Just another night in Nantes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCkT4K-hppE

No comments: