Saturday, August 29, 2009

my heart aches

Today my heart aches deeply for a most wonderful woman. Mary Grosso as a distant relative of mine but we were tied together as friends. She lived down the street from my my whole life. I remember playing with friends across from her house and then stopping in after for cookies with her. Her husband died young, so she was so alone most of her life, only having one son. She loved me like a grandaughter. I loved her like a grandmother. She was always so sweet and so much fun to talk to. Her son had two sons of her own when I was older, but now his oldest is 17! I remember when he was born, I remember meeting him for the first time. I morn for him today too. His life will never be the same after Thursdays events. I morn for them all.

http://www.fltimes.com/articles/2009/08/28/news/doc4a97f5315fa52174818221.txt

Her grandson Jimmy was driving her home from there family camp. They went to take a break at a small park near by. He turned left but dident see the on coming car. She has bleeding in her brain, and has been in a coma since Thursday. Even if she made it she would be a vegetable. She would never want that. I cry for Mary, and I cry for Jimmy who will for the rest of his life feel guilt.

1 comment:

rainbowheart said...

Stef,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and know that I'm just a phone call away.