I realize I have not been posting and some of my old friends may wonder. I also have not been writing much to grandpa Dave and I miss him. He wrote me the other day and this is part of what I wrote back. Its whats been on my mind lately.
You know what I have been thinking about latley... Old people. and How HARD it is to be old and how I dont know how they keep going. I mean all these elderly who have eye problems they got so many other problems too but they keep going and I WILL keep trying to take care of them at work. I know why they do it and I know why i do it. Because of what Nonna was for me. She was so important to me growing up I have so many good memories of her and so do so many other grandkids with there grandparents who I take care of at work. It makes me feel good about my job. AND this is also why YOU should take care of your self! So that you can be here for your grandkids and just sit and chat with them. Because you may not be alive in 2070- but they will! And they will still remember you and you will still impact there lives every day. Crazy huh?
The other day a woman came into my photo room who looked like she could have been related to me she was so ITALIEN! lol she had the gold chain around her neck- so I told her i thought it was beautiful. She looked surprised then asked me if i was italien. We must have talked for 15 mins! lol the test I do takes about 10 but we kinda sat there and kept it going just so we could talk more. I told her about nonna she told me about her grandaughter. I said "Italien grandma's
are the best!" and she said "You sound just like my grandaughter" and she said it in that old lady italien accent that nonna had. So i guided her out of the room (her vision was pretty bad) and came back into my room and just sat down and cried. It was lucky i dident have enother patcient right away because i cried pretty hard. i kept quiet though so nobody would come in. I miss nonna david. I miss her but I am glad i can help grandma's out there who still have time with there grandchildren.
I am doing pretty well here really. I have friends which is a huge surprise to me! They really nice to me and I am grateful to them. I miss my gang though. My friends from rochester, my joe, my sister. I am kinda glad to be going home but also worried.
Take care
2 comments:
Hey Stef,
I enjoyed reading your blog tonight. You are right...grnadparents are very important in their grandchildrens' lives. I know that it is hard when Noah leaves from here to go home and we are all sad but it makes coming back to "Nana's house" so fun. I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your job and making new friends. I knew that you were going to be okay in your new place. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season. My the New Year be great to you. I love you my friend......
I miss you too.
Post a Comment